KTM - Election of Office bearers & Mg. Committee members for 2017-19 - Notice & schedule
Notice is hereby given for the election of the Office bearers and the Managing Committee members for the period 2017 – 19 which will be held as per listed item of the Agenda of the Seventeenth Annual General Meeting scheduled to commence at 11.30 a.m. on Saturday, 26th August, 2017. (The venue will be advised in due course).
The Mg. Committee has appointed Adv. Koshy George as the Returning Officer for the said election.
As a member of the Kerala Travel Mart Society, you may please take a note of the election procedures and schedules which will be followed for the coming elections:
Voting by members will be done either directly or through his/her proxy at the venue of the AGM
A voter means an authorized representative of an Organization which is an active member* of the Kerala Travel Mart Society as per the records held at the KTM Secretariat.
*An Active member is one who has renewed his Annual membership for the current year 2017-18 before 19th July’17.
19th July’17 (Wed)
Last date for the renewal of membership for 2017-18 in order to be eligible to participate in Election 2017.
26th July’17 (Wed)
The Returning Officer will publish the preliminary voters’ list consisting of the active members* and their authorized representatives who are eligible to participate in the election, in the KTM website as well on the Notice Board at the KTM Secretariat. The same will also be circulated among the members by e-mail.
28th July’17 (Fri) – before 5 p.m.
Any correction/change/addition/deletion to the voters’ list may be submitted to the Returning Officer at the KTM Secretariat by e-mail to [email protected] or by letter. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that the corrections, if any, are received by the Returning Officer in time.
02nd August’17 (Wed) - 10 a.m.
After incorporating the necessary changes, the Returning Officer will publish the final voters’ list in the KTM website as well as on the Notice Board at the KTM Secretariat. The same will be circulated among the members too, by e-mail.
The Managing Committee comprises of 21 members out of which the following are ex officios:
1) Immediate Past President
2) Secretary- Tourism, Govt. of Kerala
3) Director – Tourism, Govt. of Kerala
4) Mg. Director – KTDC
which leaves with 17 posts to be filled.
03rd August’17 (Thu) - 10 a.m.
The Returning Officer will then announce the elections and will call for Nominations from the members in the prescribed form for the following posts: (ONE PERSON MAY BE NOMINATED FOR ONE POST ONLY)
b) Hon. Vice President
c) Hon. Secretary
d) Hon. Jt. Secretary
e) Hon. Treasurer
f) Member of the Managing Committee – 12 posts
- An Active member* (Organization) may be represented by ONE person only
- For the 05 Office - bearers’ posts, a member may propose / second only ONE candidate for each post
- Also, a member may (propose /second) upto a maximum of TWELVE candidates for the Committee members’ posts
- A person (irrespective of the number of Organizations he/she represents) is considered as ONE authorized person though He/she is entitled to vote for each member organization which he/she represents
- A person (irrespective of the number of Organizations he/she represents) may contest for ONE post only
The Nomination Form will be available in the website www.keralatravelmart.org under Election 2017.
11th August’17 (Fri) – before 3 p.m.
All completed Nomination forms (in original) must reach the Returning Officer at the KTM Secretariat (open on weekdays from 9.30a.m. to 5.30p.m. and on Saturdays from 9.30 a.m. to 1.30p.m.). It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that his/her completed Nomination form has been received by the Returning Officer in time.
11th August’17 (Fri) - 4 p.m.
The Returning Officer will scrutinize the completed Nomination forms received by him and then publish the initial list of candidates in the KTM website as well as on the Notice Board of the KTM Secretariat. The list will also be circulated among the members by e-mail. The candidates/their authorized representatives may be present at the time of scrutiny if they so wish.
18th August’17 (Fri) – before 3 p.m.
Candidates may withdraw, if they wish, in writing/e-mail so that the same reaches the Returning Officer .A notice of withdrawal of candidature, once given, shall be irrevocable.
18th August’17 (Fri) – 5 p.m.
The Returning Officer will publish the final list of candidates and, if there is more than one nomination for each of the concerned posts, he will declare the election for the various posts. One ballot paper will be printed for the Office bearers’ posts and one for the Committee members’ posts. They will be serially numbered and countersigned by the Returning Officer with a hologram. – ONE Ballot paper per member (Organization)
23rd August'17 (Wed) - 3 p.m.
All completed Proxy forms (in original) must reach the Returning Officer at the KTM Secretariat ( open on weekdays from 09.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 09.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.). It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that his/her completed Proxy form has been received by the Returning Officer in time.
- 26th August’17 (Sat) – 9 to 11.00 a.m. Registration & voting
- Entry into the venue -
a) Members should possess their current KTM membership card OR a photo ID proof (Electoral card/Driving License/Aadhar card/ Pan card/Passport)
b) Proxy holders should have a photo ID proof (Electoral card/Driving License/Aadhar card/ Pan card/Passport)
c) Once a member or his/her proxy has registered there will be no changes allowed
Counter no: 1 - Registration and issue of ADMIT CARDS
Counter no:2 - Proxy holders must collect a copy of their verified Proxy form before going to counter no:1 for registration
Counter no:3 - Issue of ballot papers against ADMIT CARDS - One st of ballot papers for one ADMIT CARD
- The Registration counter will be open from 9 a.m. onwards
- ADMIT CARDS will be issued to eligible members and Proxy holders (after verification) at the time of registration
- In the event of an election, Ballot papers will be handed over in exchange for the ADMIT CARDS at the appropriate time
- 11.15 a.m. – polling closes
- 11.30 a.m.- AGM begins
- 11.30 a.m. - Counting of votes also begins and the results will be declared during the AGM and the new Team takes over.
- 1 -1 .30 p.m. - Lunch will be served
Address for correspondence to The Returning Officer:
- By e-mail – [email protected]
- By post/courier/person – c/o Kerala Travel Mart Society, 38/1912, Elamkulam Road (Kaloor-Kadavanthra Road), Cochin – 682017…..Phone: +91-484-2203156....Mob: 9847338338 (The CEO)